MBBS, MA, MBA
Kellogg School of Management. Northwestern University, Illinois.
Masters in Biomedical Informatics. Columbia University, New York.
Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery. Delhi University, India.
Since October 2020. X.company. Leading early-stage new technology projects.
May 2018 – September 2020. Global Healthcare & Life Sciences Leader. Google Cloud.
• Led health data product, market research
• Go-to-market strategy for provider, payer markets
• Sales enablement for CxO briefings, pilots, key deals
Feb 2013 – Jan 2014. Director, Health IT Interoperability. NASDAQ:OMCL.
• Led portfolio strategy for interoperability with EHRs, HIEs, Middleware firms.
• Responsible for alliances, integrations with large vendors like Epic and Cerner.
Aug 2009 – Feb 2011. Director, Advanced Analytics.
• Managed 9+ PMs, Data Scientists, Business Analysts
• Worked with regional physician executives for Population Health tools research and design
• Collaborated with KP Garfield Innovation Center on new clinical ideas and concepts
Jan 2008 – Aug 2011. Faculty Instructor, M.S. Medical Informatics Graduate Program. It is a 11-course program that focuses on the principles of information creating and managing enterprise-wide health care information systems. It’s offered by the School of Continuing Studies in partnership with the Feinberg School of Medicine. I taught the core course on ‘Decision Support Systems in Healthcare‘.
GE Healthcare IT
• Managed 7 PMs working on Lab, Pharmacy, Acute Care, Perioperative, & Perinatal products. Responsible for specifications, system verification and validation, shipping db content.
• Led implementation services for Inpatient GE Centricity EHR at health systems nationwide
• Liaised with GE Global Research Center, Patent Evaluation Board
• Led Product Management of the Medical Device Connectivity Platform
Aug 2020 – present. Advisor to founding team at Consuli.
Dec 2017 – Apr 2018. Consultant to product team at LeanTaas.
Aug 2017 – Dec 2017. Consultant to founding team at Commure.
Dovetail Care, Inc.
Jan 2014 – Dec 2017. Founder. Seed-funded startup that was part of two incubators: JoinFFL.com, Lab360.com. Focused on products ranging from secure messaging to sensors-based hardware for health applications.
Directly managed the engineers (iOS, Android, Signal Processing expertise), design and content development teams. Did sales, business development and marketing.
Jan 2014 – present. Advisor to founding executive team at Self Care Catalysts.
Jan 2014 – Jun 2015. Advisor to founding team at Atomiton.
Nov 2013 – Oct 2014. Advisor to founding executive team. BIOInformative, Inc. ceased operations in 2015.
Dec 2011 – Jan 2015. Board Member. Advised executive team on healthcare applications of their A.I. technology. The company ceased US operations in 2015.
- Author, “Retail Healthcare Service Model: Is it Applicable in India?” India@Kellogg: 76-77, Publication of the India Business Conference 2008, Kellogg School of Management.
- Author, “Specifying design criteria for electronic medical record interface using cognitive framework”. American Medical Informatics Association. AMIA Ann. Symp. Proc. 2003:594-8. Invited as speaker to present it at AMIA 2003 Symposium, Washington D.C.
- Co-Author, “Synchronizing Patient, Provider and Payer Relationships”. Unpublished 2008 whitepaper with Dipak C. Jain (Dean, Kellogg School of Management).
- Co-Author, “An experimental system for comparing speed, accuracy & completeness of physician data entry using electronic & paper methods”. AMIA Ann. Symp. Proc. 2003:812.
- Contributor, “A tool for abstracting relevant classes of concepts: the Common Ancestry Summarizer.” Medinfo. 2004;11 (Part 1):449-53
- Invited Speaker, Digital Health Panel, SJSU.edu and FAU.de (2021)
- Guest Lecturer, “Healthcare’s Digital Transformation with Cloud“, SJSU.edu (2020)
- Moderator, AI in Healthcare: Panel Discussion, Google Launchpad Space, SF (2017)
- Speaker, Personalized Medicine World Congress 2013, California.
- Certified Agile Scrum Product Owner (2011)
- Consultant, SBIR Phase 1 NIH Grant 1R43LM010750-01, “Voice Based, Workflow Enhancing, Primary Care Medical Data Input System”. Awarded 2010. PI Daniel J. Riskin.
- Keynote Speaker, Predictive Analytics & Data Visualization Conference at Garfield Center for Innovation, Kaiser Permanente (March 2010).
- Second place at the 2007 Business Plan Competition and ‘Mitsubishi International Award’ ($15,000) at the 11th Annual Edward L. Kaplan New Venture Challenge hosted by University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
- Intellectual Property Lead for GE Healthcare Enterprise Solutions business (2007-2009)
- Business lead for ‘Healthcare Information Markets’ spring 2007 project with EdgeLab. (a GE collaboration with University of Connecticut Business School)
- Primary inventor on USPTO patent 8,348,839 (granted Jan 2013) and patent application 20080255875 filed by GE Healthcare in 2006-2007. Co-inventor on 3 other applications.
- Finalist in the 2003 American Medical Informatics Association Paper Competition.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, GE Corporate Certification, 2003.
- Advisory Board, Consuli, Inc. (2015 – present)
- Member, Volunteer Council for COVID-19, USDigitalResponse.org (2020)
- Limited Partner and Advisor, Tau Ventures (2019 – present)
- Advisory Board, SelfCareCatalysts, Inc. (2015 – present)
- Mentor, UCSF Healthcare Lean Launchpad Program (2015)
- Co-Founder, Panaceon.com– Offering remote monitoring for movement based disorders and physical therapy. (2011-12)
- Mentor, Kellogg Venture Community (2010-2013)
- President, Healthcare and Biotechnology Club, Kellogg School of Management (2008-09)
- Co-Founder, Varna Research- A clinical data and trials outsourcing company (2007-08)
- Executive Committee Member, Indian Medical Informatics Association (2007-2008)
- Core Member, Lab. of Decision Making & Cognition, Columbia University, NY (2002-03)