MBBS, MA, MBA
Kellogg School of Management. Northwestern University, Illinois.
Masters in Biomedical Informatics. Columbia University, New York.
Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery. Delhi University, India.
Since May 2018. Global Lead, Healthcare Product & Strategy.
• Leading health data product requirements, market research
• Created cloud go-to-market strategy for provider, payer markets
• Sales team enablement for CxO briefings, pilots, key deals
• Led portfolio strategy for interoperability with EHRs, HIEs, Middleware firms.
• Responsible for alliances, integrations with large vendors like Epic and Cerner.
Aug 2009 – Feb 2011. Director, Advanced Analytics.
• Managed a team of 9+ PMs, Data Scientists, Business Analysts
• Worked with regional physician executives for Population Health tools research and design
• Collaborated with KP Garfield Innovation Center on new clinical ideas and concepts
Jan 2008 – Aug 2011. Faculty Instructor, M.S. Medical Informatics Graduate Program. It is a 11-course program that focuses on the principles of information creating and managing enterprise-wide health care information systems. It’s offered by the School of Continuing Studies in partnership with the Feinberg School of Medicine. I taught the core course on ‘Decision Support Systems in Healthcare‘.
GE Healthcare IT
• Managed 7 PMs working on Lab, Pharmacy, Acute Care, Perioperative, & Perinatal products. Responsible for specifications, system verification and validation, shipping db content.
• Led implementation services for Inpatient GE Centricity EHR at health systems nationwide
• Liaised with GE Global Research Center, Patent Evaluation Board
• Led Product Management of the Medical Device Connectivity Platform
Dec 2017 – Apr 2018. Consultant to product team at LeanTaas.
Aug 2017 – Dec 2017. Consultant to founding team at Commure.
Dovetail Care, Inc.
Jan 2014 – Dec 2017. Founder. Seed-funded startup that was part of two incubators: JoinFFL.com, Lab360.com. Focused on products ranging from secure messaging to sensors-based hardware for health applications.
Directly managed the engineers (iOS, Android, Signal Processing expertise), design and content development teams. Did sales, business development and marketing.
Jan 2014 – present. Advisor to founding executive team at Self Care Catalysts.
Jan 2014 – Jun 2015. Advisor to founding team at Atomiton.
Nov 2013 – Oct 2014. Advisor to founding executive team. BIOInformative, Inc. ceased operations in 2015.
Dec 2011 – Jan 2015. Board Member. Advised executive team on healthcare applications of their A.I. technology. The company ceased US operations in 2015.
- Author, “Retail Healthcare Service Model: Is it Applicable in India?” India@Kellogg: 76-77, Publication of the India Business Conference 2008, Kellogg School of Management.
- Author, “Specifying design criteria for electronic medical record interface using cognitive framework”. American Medical Informatics Association. AMIA Ann. Symp. Proc. 2003:594-8. Invited as speaker to present it at AMIA 2003 Symposium, Washington D.C.
- Co-Author, “Synchronizing Patient, Provider and Payer Relationships”. Unpublished 2008 whitepaper with Dipak C. Jain (Dean, Kellogg School of Management).
- Co-Author, “An experimental system for comparing speed, accuracy & completeness of physician data entry using electronic & paper methods”. AMIA Ann. Symp. Proc. 2003:812.
- Contributor, “A tool for abstracting relevant classes of concepts: the Common Ancestry Summarizer.” Medinfo. 2004;11 (Part 1):449-53
- Moderator, AI in Healthcare: Panel Discussion, Google Launchpad Space, San Francisco (2017)
- Speaker, Personalized Medicine World Congress 2013, California.
- Certified Agile Scrum Product Owner (2011)
- Consultant on SBIR Phase 1 NIH Grant 1R43LM010750-01, “Voice Based, Workflow Enhancing, Primary Care Medical Data Input System”. Awarded in 2010. PI Daniel J. Riskin.
- Keynote Speaker, Predictive Analytics & Data Visualization Conference at Garfield Center for Innovation, Kaiser Permanente (March 2010).
- Second place at the 2007 Business Plan Competition and ‘Mitsubishi International Award’ ($15,000) at the 11th Annual Edward L. Kaplan New Venture Challenge hosted by University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
- Intellectual Property Lead for GE Healthcare Enterprise Solutions business (2007-2009)
- Business lead for ‘Healthcare Information Markets’ spring 2007 project with EdgeLab. (a GE collaboration with University of Connecticut Business School)
- Primary inventor on USPTO patent 8,348,839 (granted Jan 2013) and patent application 20080255875 filed by GE Healthcare in 2006-2007. Co-inventor on 3 other applications.
- Finalist in the 2003 American Medical Informatics Association Paper Competition.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, GE Corporate Certification, 2003.
- Member, Volunteer Council for COVID-19, USDigitalResponse.org (2020)
- Limited Partner, Tau Ventures (2019)
- Advisory Board, SelfCareCatalysts.com (2015 – present)
- Mentor, UCSF Healthcare Lean Launchpad Program (2015)
- Co-Founder, Panaceon.com– Offering remote monitoring for movement based disorders and physical therapy. (2011-12)
- Mentor, Kellogg Venture Community (2010-2013)
- President, Healthcare and Biotechnology Club, Kellogg School of Management (2008-09)
- Co-Founder, Varna Research- A clinical data and trials outsourcing company (2007-08)
- Executive Committee Member, Indian Medical Informatics Association (2007-2008)
- Core Member, Lab. of Decision Making & Cognition, Columbia University, NY (2002-03)