Clinical Domain Specific
- Dermlink: Marketplace
- YoDerm: Teledermatology
- Iagnosis: Teledermatology
- Klara: Marketplace
- Direct Dermatology:
- FirstDerm: $900K seed. Online consultations.
- Ginger.io: Smartphone meta-analysis to intervene with mental health issues. Started 2011, raised $28M+ in 5 rounds. In closed pilots with large provider organizations.
- Breakthrough: Telepsychiatry platform and marketplace. Raised $5.9M and got acquired by MDLive.com (telemedicine provider) in 2014
- Lantern: Personalized programs and coaching for mental health
- Big White Wall: Community support and online coaching for stress, anxiety
- Ceresti: Tech and professional service based programs for Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias
- Empower interactive: CBT-based digital behavioral health solutions for organizations
- Talkspace: Direct to consumer telepsychiatry
- Level: Accepted into 500.co 2016 batch
- Mindoula: "Tech Enabled Case Mgmt." for Mental Health. Acquired CareAtHand.com in June 2016.
- Quartet Health: Telepsychiatry platform. Raised $40M from Google Ventures in April 2016.
- Big Health: Digital programs for mental health. Selling to Employers, plans. Raised $15M+ (Kaiser Ventures)
- Lyra Health: Behavioral health platform for employers (B2B). Raised $38M+. Venrock. CEO is ex-CFO of Facebook.
- Spring: $1.5M raised to create ML-based decision support tech for psychiatrists to choose the right anti-depressant for patients
- Spring Health: $6M. Employer-focused.
- AbilTo: Customized programs for managing patient populations with certain conditions.
- Emilio Health: Behavioral health for kids. 2019 Dec $5M seed. Giovanni Colella (Castlight, Ooda) co-founder.
- Headway: NY. $30.5M Series A. GV backed.
I've been increasingly curious about the new-age approach of tech-enabled, membership-based primary care delivery by a company that is 'full-stack' (ie. owns the clinic, staff, tech and outcomes). It's a harbinger of how value-based approach will be adopted throughout the industry. Hence tracked here.
- Cityblock: $299M raised. Backed by Alphabet, General Catalyst.
- Iora Health: $349M raised. Flare Capital.
- Oak Street: IPO'd Aug 2020. Cap $13B+
- Forward: $XXXM raised (unclear exactly how much). Ashton Kutcher is one of the investors.
- One Medical: One of the original membership-based primary care. IPO'd early 2020. Mkt cap is around $5.6B.
- Aledade: Founded 2014. Not a Primary Care company itself but it partners with practices to support them on the ACO journey.
- Chenmed: One of the original full-risk primary care. Florida based.
- Crossover Health: $113M raised. NVP backed.
- Privia Health: $417M raised. Goldman Sachs, Cardinal Partners backed.
- Village MD: $491M raised. Walgreen Boots Alliance is an investor and a partner.